Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happiness??? What is it?

Last night 11pm. After doing all my chores in the house I decided to lay down on my bed and call it a day. Cause I was so very tired from all the work. :( I wanted to sleep because I have a work today. But, I can't sleep. I don't know the reason why, but I really can't sleep. So, I decide to read a book to help me sleep. Even though I'm not a book fan. But, the book I read was very interesting and got me all night reading. And that book was "Be happy you are Loved" by Robert H. Schuller.

It was the book that my aunt left in our house 8 years ago. I haven't finish reading the yet though. This book had a very interesting stories of trials and errors in life and how to be happy no matter what comes around.

Here is a few contents of the book. A definition of happiness.

Happiness is not....

Hollow Hilarity,
Giddy Gaiety,
Loud Laughter,
Flippant Frivolity,
Shallow Smiles,
Frantic Fun,
or Chemical Cheer!



But Happiness is....

Genuine Joy!
Enjoyable Enthusiasm!
Serene Self-Esteem!
Tender Tears!
Lasting Love!
Affectionate Encouragement!
Healthy Hope!
Affirming Faith!
Perceiving Possibilities!


Yes, Happiness is....

Having a hand to hold!
Finding a heart to heal!
Leaning into tomorrow with love!

6 comments:

=charm= said...

psssssst.. pahirama daun ko sa book dens! hehehehehehe... tama na xa naa naka na learn wala pa nimo na tapos ang buk how much more pa kung an tapos nimo dba? nyay! hehehehehe.. basta pa hirama ko sa buk.. ok? kung dili ka ok NA LANG pud...hmmp! ;)

Denxioz said...

@ charm.
Sure! kung mahuman n nko ug basa. Bsta ikaw kurog ko. nyahahah...
Ayaw pangluod daun. :p

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your true happiness!
..love the poem!

Anonymous said...

Ohh..You're a poet!

Princess Cinderella said...

@lae, dennis is not a poet..hehehe..hes a hopeless romantic guy...weee...right dens?

Well Dennis one thing I can say to you being happy is a matter of choice, you can choose to be happy or be miserable for the rest of your life.It's your choice,sometimes Life is not fair who said it's fair?we felt pain then get discourage in Life, but come to think of it everything happened for a reason...

You have many friends whom you can share your laugh with then you have a family who's always there to support you...

That's one key to happiness to be happy with what you already have...muah nice post...ingats noy..hehehe

Anonymous said...

Yes, Happiness is just a matter of choice so if you choose to be happy then thats the best choice that you could have in your life. So be happy :)